WE ARE HIRING!
There is currently an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic Customer Delivery Driver (Class 2) to join our Logistics team at Allied Bakeries, Stoke on a permanent contract.
So, who are we? We're the people who make one of the UK’s top grocery brands, Kingsmill, as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads that offer delicious bakery products such as our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, toasties and wraps.
We're one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £10.2bn and close to 100,000 employees working in 44 countries. In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
As a Customer Delivery Driver, your role is to deliver our products to our customers when they want them. We are passionate about the role our drivers play; our drivers engage with our customers day in, day out, and as such they provide a great customer focus and a professional face to our business.
You'll be working a shift pattern of 5 days in 7 based at our Stoke site, working an average of 48 hours a week.
• To deliver a high standard of customer service
• Complete a daily vehicle and auxiliary equipment check before the vehicle leaves site using the agreed Nil-Defect sheet and report any defects using the agreed vehicle defect procedure
• Deliver Allied Bakeries and any other third party products on time and in full within the agreed time windows to ensure service level agreements are maintained
• Ensure all relevant documentation including delivery notes, proof of delivery, and credit notes are returned to site on a daily basis and are completed accurately
• To contribute effectively in a team environment
• To always adhere to the Company Safety First Policy
To excel as a driver in our organisation, we ask that you possess;
• A great customer focus with a flexible and adaptable approach to deliver outstanding results
• Full, clean Class 1 licence necessary
• Experience of working in a multi-drop environment
• Minimum of 1 year’s driving experience as a HGV driver
• A valid Driver CPC card is essential
• The track record of going the extra mile to please a customer
Please note - we take great pride in our recruitment processes - all successful candidates will need to attend an interview and undertake a Driving Assessment; making sure we're a good fit for you is as important to us as making sure you're a good fit for us.
Safety is First at Allied Bakeries, so we're looking for someone to lead by example in ensuring that Health and Safety is our number one priority, and someone who is able to think and behave safely at all times.
And finally, Allied Bakeries values reflect the type of culture that we are working hard to achieve; it’s all about, Aiming High, Doing What We Say, ensuring Everybody Matters, and Working Together. If you can live with these values, chances are you'll do well here.
We're looking for people who love a challenge, who have an eye for continuous improvement and the drive to take ownership and make change happen. As well as a competitive salary and pension arrangements, we offer a great team environment, excellent development opportunities and other fantastic benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.