Enjoy an excellent salary of a minimum of £35,310 with excellent opportunities to earn up to an additional £6,300 with regular overtime.
Like our Loaf's Good Superhero you too could become great everyday and be part of our amazing team delivering freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
As part of Associated British Foods who are one of Britain’s leading companies, we at Allied Milling and Baking produce and deliver freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day! We have a great opportunity to join our transport team delivering Kingsmill bread at our London Bakery based in Walthamstow.
What we are looking for – HGV Driver (Class C & Class C+E)
- You'll be an experienced and skilled multi-drop driver with a minimum of a Class C or C + E licence (held for at least 12 months).
- You will work 45 hours per week on a 5 from 7 shift pattern with overtime available. Part time roles are also available.
- You'll be part of our team who pride themselves on providing excellent customer service whilst demonstrating safe and courteous driving on the road every day.
- Covering the whole of London stretching into the other Home Counties and you will be delivering pre-picked orders either direct to store or through the RDC network for our customers, in addition serving our sister sites in the South East & Midlands.
- We all take responsibility for the health, safety and well-being for each other. Reporting to a Transport Front Line Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe delivery and/or collection of all goods to/from our customers. As well as providing accurate information with a driver debrief.
- A customer facing role, you represent our company with your performance and actions.
Want to join Allied Bakeries - What's in it for you?
If you join us, in addition to an attractive salary, you can enjoy the following:
• Excellent holiday package, colleagues who work 5 days a week enjoy 33 days holiday a year!
• Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, starting at 4% matched by the business up to 10% of matched contribution with Associated British Foods, our Parent Company!
• Sample our fantastic products at a hugely discounted price. Kingsmill 50/50 seeded a must try !
• Benefits for you and your family through our ‘Extra Slice’ scheme; which provides great savings at more than 500 business/outlets including Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S, Curry's/PC World, including healthcare, gym discounts and saving on your holidays.
• Have a sandwich in our subsidised canteen, using our delicious bread or a hot meal. Breakfast or lunch at a fraction of the price.
• Cycle to work scheme- Helping you to get to work with a range of great bikes on offer.
• Discounted rates with Simply Health for dentists, opticians, chiropractors etc.
• Death in service benefits up to 4 times your salary.
•Refer scheme - Refer a friend and if we employ them, you get the reward £££. This is now £500 if you refer a HGV driver to us.
• Family friendly and flexible working schemes - designed to help meet the needs of individuals and the business.
• Employee Assistance Programme - A free and confidential support service for employees covering a wide range or topics including financial guidance through to relationship and legal advice.
• Charitable giving - we are just about to launch a charity partnership with Save the Children. You can deliver a slice of kindness through donating to a charity through payroll.
•Free on site car parking facilities
• Free Allied Bakeries uniform
• Excellent local public transport links
There's more to Allied Bakeries than just being a leading company with great products, we have an excellent team and know that good people really do make the difference. Help us to generate our vision of a high performing and happy team, come and join us, apply now !