An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Despatch Team at Allied Bakeries, Gateshead, working nightshift four days per week from 6 pm to 4.30 am.
So, who are we? We're the people who make the top 10 UK grocery brands Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. We're a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £12.3bn and close to 106,000 employees working in 47 countries.
The key activities of the role are to provide a professional and efficient logistics service, ensuring correct loading, picking, and despatching of daily sales orders to meet all customer requirements.
You will be required to perform these duties whilst adhering to the Allied Bakeries Site Standards and helping to drive forward the Safety-First message.
• To ensure accurate picking assembly and loading/unloading of products to the right vehicle.
• To minimise damage to the product, remove and replace any products with visual damage to ensure the customer receives a quality product.
• To accurately check into Despatch from Manufacturing and maintain good stock rotation.
• To alert the Line Manager of any shortages or issues affecting customer orders.
• To work individually and as part of a team to meet distribution deadlines.
• To maintain a clean and safe environment adhering to the “Clean As You Go” Policy, meeting the agreed standards in hygiene and housekeeping.
• As required, to ensure the efficient and safe use of Forklift Trucks and other MHE (Manual Handling Equipment), adhering to internal procedures for maintenance and use.
• Identify areas that have a potential associated risk to food safety and raise and action accordingly.
• To report equipment faults, defects or potential hazards to the immediate Supervisor/Manager in a prompt and timely manner.
• Follow instructions, training, procedures and guidelines set out by site/department.
• Support ideas for improvements through despatch, quality of product or cost.
• Experience of working in a warehouse environment is desirable.
• Current Forklift Truck licence is desirable.
• Basic understanding of Warehouse picking systems (WMS).
• Attention to Detail and a drive for results.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team with a flexible approach.
• Enthusiasm and determination to meet required standards.
Allied Bakeries values reflect the type of culture that we are working hard to achieve; it’s all about Aiming High, Doing What We Say, ensuring Everybody Matters, and Working Together. If you can live with these values, chances are you'll do well here.
As well as competitive salary and pension arrangements, we offer a great team environment, excellent development opportunities and other fantastic benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.