Like our Loaf's Good Superhero, you too could become "Great Every day" and be part of our amazing team organising the despatch of fabulous freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
We are Allied Milling and Baking, the home of the fresh, fluffy, super-soft, great everyday Kingsmill loaf. Part of Associated British Foods who are one of Britain’s leading companies, we pride ourselves on our high manufacturing and distribution standards that we set ourselves each day. We currently have a great opportunity for a pro-active and forward-thinking individual to join the team here at our Stevenage Bakery. The role is a Despatch Front Line Managerial role and will directly involve managing a team of circa 20 people.
Reporting to the Despatch Manager, the successful applicant will be a key member of the Despatch team and will ensure that Company products are despatched safely, on time and in full by providing leadership to the despatch operatives on their shift. Priorities in this job will include operating in safe and environmentally sound working conditions; driving health and safety improvements and engagement and compliance with all company policies and procedures. Delivering great service and schedule adherence to our customers, continuous improvement, optimising labour utilisation and operating to the Company Values will also be central to the role. By focusing on individual and team involvement you will develop a positive climate where all employees are able and motivated to contribute by actively recognising and identifying individual and team performance.
- A vital part of the role will be the achievement of all relevant KPI’s by ensuring that shift; team members are focused on them and organised for their delivery; Setting clear goals, communicating effectively and developing trust with shift team members will be crucial.
- Excellent leadership and management qualities, as well as strong PC, numeracy, literacy and analytical skills.
- Previous experience in a busy despatch operation will be a distinct advantage.
- We’re looking for people to build close working relationships with a wide range of employees, suppliers and customers and show a commitment to our goals
- A Drive for Results, Inspirational Leadership, Customer Focus and the desire to Build Capability of self and team are required.
- The role is mainly nights based on a 4 on / 4 off twelve-hour shift pattern but there will be an expectation to work on the dayshift to meet the needs of the business.
Want to join Allied Bakeries - What's in it for you?
If you join us, in addition to an attractive salary, you can enjoy the following:
• Excellent holiday package, colleagues who work 4 days a week enjoy 24 days holiday a year!
• Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, starting at 4% matched by the business up to 10% of matched contribution with Associated British Foods, our Parent Company
• Sample our fantastic products at a discounted price. Kingsmill 50/50 seeded a must try !
• Benefits for you and your family through our ‘Extra Slice’ scheme; which provides great savings for more than 500 business/outlets including Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S, Curry's/PC World, including healthcare, gym discounts and saving on your holidays.
- Have a sandwich in our subsidised canteen, using our delicious bread or a hot meal. Breakfast or lunch at a fraction of the price.
- Cycle to work scheme- Helping you to get to work with a range of great bikes on offer.
- Discounted rates with Simply Health for dentists, opticians, chiropractors etc.
- Death in service benefits up to 4 times your salary.
- Refer scheme - Refer a friend and if we employ them, you get the reward £££. This is now £500 if you refer a HGV driver to us.
- Family friendly and flexible working schemes - designed to help meet the needs of individuals and the business.
- Employee Assistance Programme - A free and confidential support service for employees covering a wide range of topics including financial guidance through to relationship and legal advice.
- Charitable giving - we are just about to launch a charity partnership with Save the Children. You can deliver a slice of kindness through donating to a charity through payroll.
- Free on-site car parking facilities.
There's more to Allied Bakeries than just being a leading company with great products, we have an excellent team and know that good people really do make the difference. Help us to generate our vision of a high performing and happy team, come and join us, apply now!