Due to an increase in volume, we are looking for a motivated, reliable and committed Despatch Picker to work at our busy Stoke bakery.
So who are we?
We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You'll know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads that offer delicious options to suit every family member - and our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, wraps and other delicious bakery products.
Part of Associated British Foods, Allied Bakeries is around four thousand strong and one of the three largest bakery businesses in the UK. We own a top ten UK grocery brand in Kingsmill as well as a branded portfolio of other well-known household names including Allinson, Burgen and Sunblest, in addition to supplying customer brand products. We are now looking for a permanent Despatch Picker to join the our team and to continue building on our success.
To provide a professional and efficient Logistics service to ensure correct loading, picking and despatching of daily sales orders to meet all customer requirements on time and in full. You will be required to perform these duties whilst minimising costs, providing excellent customer service, adhering to the Allied Bakeries Site Standards and helping to drive forward the Safety First message.
• To ensure accurate picking, assembly and loading of products to the right vehicle.
• To minimise damage to product, removing and replacing any products with visual damage to ensure customer receives quality product.
• To maintain daily stock rotation.
• To alert the Line Manager of any shortages or issues affecting customer orders.
• To meet, contribute and accurately record the Key Performance Indicator’s associated with Despatch.
• To work individually and as part of a team to meet distribution deadlines.
• To maintain a clean and a safe environment adhering to “Clean As You Go” Policy, meeting the agreed standards in hygiene and housekeeping.
• As required, to ensure the efficient and safe use of Fork Lift Trucks and other MHE (Manual Handling Equipment), adhering to internal procedures for maintenance and use.
• Identify area’s that have a potential associated risk to food safety and raise and action accordingly.
• Reporting of defects or potential hazards to immediate Supervisor / Manager in a prompt and timely manner
• To report faults to immediate supervisor, Use of the EAM system where applicable.
• Follow instruction, training, procedures and guidelines set out by site / department.
• Identity ideas for improvements through despatch, quality of product or cost.
Skills and Experience
• Experience of working in a warehouse environment is desirable
• To hold a current Fork Lift Truck licence is desired.
• Numerate and Literate
• Basic Food & Hygiene Awareness
And finally, Allied Bakeries values reflect the type of culture that we are working hard to achieve; its all about, Aiming High, Doing What We Say, ensuring Everybody Matters, and Working Together. If you can live with these values, chances are you'll do well here.
As well as a competitive salary and pension arrangements, we offer a great team environment, excellent development opportunities and other fantastic benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.