Like our Loaf's Good Superhero you too could become great everyday and be part of our amazing team delivering freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
We are Allied Milling and Baking, the home of the fresh, fluffy, super-soft, great everyday Kingsmill loaf. Part of Associated British Foods who are one of Britain’s leading companies, we pride ourselves on our high manufacturing and distribution standards that we set ourselves each day. We have a number of exciting opportunities both days and nights in our Despatch department at London bakery based in Leyton..... Read on to find out more about the opportunities to join our team, what we are looking for in you and the great benefits available to all our valued colleagues.
Job Description – Despatch Operative
To ensure accurate loading, picking and dispatching of daily sales orders to meet all customer requirements on time and in full. You will be providing excellent customer service whilst adhering to our Allied Bakeries Site Standards, helping to drive forward our Safety First message. If you have previously held a fork lift truck license then that's great but it's not essential.
What you'll be responsible for
Health & Safety
• To lead by example and demonstrate our Safety First attitude and approach.
• To follow all safety procedures including our safe systems of work, the correct wearing of personal protective equipment and other specific safety instructions relevant to the task being carried out. .
• To adhere to all Site Standards including legislative requirements.
• To ensure all safety concerns are reported and that any hazards and faults are followed up.
• Achieving all performance targets set i.e. picking rate and downtime.
• Generate ideas for improving operations which could potentially save time and money
• Ensure care is taken whilst using any company equipment.
• Awareness of the Company Quality Assurance System and your responsibility to adhere to the procedures.
• To actively contribute to the site quality standards and all internal and external audits.
• Follow instruction, guidance and training given at all times
• Demonstrate pride and passion, to pick, load and despatch daily sales orders to meet all customer requirements on time and in full, helping us achieve world class service levels.
What are we looking for in you?
• Although job accountabilities are clear, working from your own initiative is a benefit to this role.
• To work individually and as part of a team to focus and share good working practices.
• To drive your personal development, demonstrating a positive can do attitude to your work and always reflecting our company values.
• To adopt a safety first mindset, adhere to safe systems of work reporting any defects or hazards.
• Demonstrate a flexible approach moving between the various tasks. These include order picking, decanting, loading, unloading and product control.
• Being open and willing to learn and develop new skills, such as learning to driver a clamp-truck. At Allied we employ skilled and trained assessors to help you along the way.
• To achieve your performance targets, measured by our warehouse management system and other supporting systems and measures.
• To maintain a clean and a safe environment, adhering to "Clean As You Go" Policy, meeting the agreed standards in hygiene and housekeeping.
.Want to join Allied Bakeries - What's in it for you?
If you join us, in addition to an attractive salary, you can enjoy the following:
• Excellent holiday package, colleagues who work 5 days a week enjoy 33 days holiday a year!
• Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, starting at 4% matched by the business up to 10% of matched contribution with Associated British Foods, our Parent Company
• Sample our fantastic products at a discounted price. Kingsmill 50/50 seeded a must try !
• Benefits for you and your family through our ‘Extra Slice’ scheme; which provides great savings for more than 500 business/outlets including Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S, Curry's/PC World, including healthcare, gym discounts and saving on your holidays.
• Have a sandwich in our subsidised canteen, using our delicious bread or a hot meal. Breakfast or lunch at a fraction of the price.
• Cycle to work scheme- Helping you to get to work with a range of great bikes on offer.
• Discounted rates with Simply Health for dentists, opticians, chiropractors etc.
• Death in service benefits up to 4 times your salary.
•Refer scheme - Refer a friend and if we employ them, you get the reward £££. This is now £500 if you refer a HGV driver to us.
• Family friendly and flexible working schemes - designed to help meet the needs of individuals and the business.
• Employee Assistance Programme - A free and confidential support service for employees covering a wide range or topics including financial guidance through to relationship and legal advice.
• Charitable giving - we are just about to launch a charity partnership with Save the Children. You can deliver a slice of kindness through donating to a charity through payroll.
•Free on site car parking facilities
• Free Allied Bakeries uniform
• Excellent local public transport links - within walking distance from Lea Bridge Station & Blackhorse Road Underground
There's more to Allied Bakeries than just being a leading company with great products, we have a excellent team and know that good people really do make the difference. Help us to generate our vision of a high performing and happy team, come and join us, apply now !