Job reference: SCO-GBX-03342
Location: Glasgow Bakery
Closing date: 30/06/2020
Job start date: 26/04/2020
Employment type: Permanent
Department: AB GLASGOW
Employer: Allied Bakeries
Hours per week: 42
We are looking for two talented Shift Maintenance Engineers with electrical qualification to join our existing team
Shift Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
At our site in Glasgow, we have state of the art bakery equipment producing packaged bread and naan products. We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Shift Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) to join our well established team who repair, optimise and maintain our modern plant and equipment. Our key aims are to minimise the downtime on our fast moving lines by responding quickly to breakdowns, following robust planned maintenance schedules and co-operating with colleagues to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are followed through.
Reporting to the Engineering FLM , you will ensure the smooth running of the factory by resolving breakdowns , delivering planned maintenance, and driving improvements in safety ,efficiency and cost.
• Expected to carry out Maintenance across the whole site
• Ensure there is a rapid response to breakdowns , and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised
• To fault find control systems, in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines’ relevant documentation.
• To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them.
• Ensuring that machinery is maintained and repaired to a high standard using well established PPM routines
• Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department. Carry out predictive maintenance techniques in line with the company strategy.
You should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, multi skilled with an electrical bias, and a nationally recognised apprenticeship in an Engineering discipline. . If you like the sound of the role, have a logical approach to fault finding and can work at pace while demonstrating a high level of Health and Safety awareness and compliance then we would love to hear from you.
We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads that offer delicious options to suit every family member - and our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, wraps and other delicious bakery products. We work closely with Allied Mills, who mill the flour we need to bake our products, and together we make up Allied Milling & Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc. ABF is a major international business with a turnover of £12.3bn and close to 130,000 employees working in 50 countries.
In the UK, well-known ABF brands include Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.