An exciting opportunity has been created for a Vehicle Maintenance Unit Technician dealing with large goods vehicles, based at Allied Bakeries Lincoln.
All applicants must hold the following:
C+E vocational licence.
City & Guilds LGV qualifications or relevant equivalent LGV Vehicle Crafts
Shift responsibility and accountability for:
1. Ensuring repairs are carried out to meet or exceed the minimum standards as laid down by VOSA.
2. Carry out duties in a manner consistent with established safety, environmental and maintenance procedures.
3. Work with VMU shift Co-ordinator / FLM and Logistics team to ensure vehicle availability in accordance with delivery schedules.
1. To achieve shift KPI’s by working in an efficient and effective manner.
2. To comply with laid down safety procedures, highlighting any non compliance issues to the VMU Co-ordinator / FLM.
3. To ensure the effective use of resources available to carry out specific tasks or duties.
4. To ensure that vehicles other fleet assets are maintained in accordance with Company and VOSA standards.
5. Assist the VMU Co-ordinator / FLM to liaise with the Transport and Logistics departments about vehicle availability.
6. To ensure that established sub contractors are effectively utilised.
7. To work flexibly in carrying out any other VMU duties, as required.
8. To ensure all maintenance administration is completed to company and legislative standards.
Experience & Qualifications
1. Good interpersonal and communications skills
2. Customer focused
3. City and Guilds LGV Qualifications or relevant equivalent in LGV Vehicle Crafts.
4. LGV Licence C+E.
1. Previous experienced gained in a LGV fleet maintenance operations
2. Good planning and organisational skills