Job reference: SSL-SBX-03173
Location: Stevenage Bakery
Closing date: 28/02/2020
Job start date: 06/04/2020
Employment type: Permanent
Department: AB STEVENAGE
Employer: Allied Bakeries
Hours per week: 42
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Stevenage Bakery to join a dynamic, fast paced and interactive team in our busy Transport department on our nightshift. Reporting to the Transport Manager, successful applicants will be key members of the Transport front line management team and will ensure that Company products are delivered safely, on time and in full by providing leadership to the drivers on their shifts. We have a team of more than 100 drivers and over 50 vehicles and service more than 800 different customers every day. Priorities in this job will include operating safe and environmentally sound working conditions, driving health and safety improvements and engagement and compliance with transport law and Company policies and procedures. Delivering great service and schedule adherence to our customers, continuous improvement, optimising labour utilisation and operating to the Company Values will also be central to the role.
Key accountabilities of the role of a Transport Front Line Manager:
• A vital part of the role will be the achievement of all relevant KPI’s by ensuring that shift team members are focused on them and organised for their delivery;
• Setting clear goals, communicating effectively and developing trust with fellow colleagues and driver will be central to this role;
• Plan the labour in the department effectively and efficiently using the volume information provided;
• Manage the absence of the team appropriately to Company Standards and Procedures including return to work interviews and absence review meetings;
• Training and development of the team including performance reviews and performance management of the drivers;
• Responsible for the understanding, communication and driving the department KPI's including labour costs and agency usage and taking action on any overspends against the budget;
• To improve and maintain a safe working environment including the timely completion of accident investigations and any actions required.
• The successful candidates will be CPC qualified (or motivated and capable of achieving the qualification) and first-class communicators;
• It will be necessary to possess excellent leadership and management qualities, as well as strong PC skills, numeracy, literacy and analytical skills;
• Previous experience in a busy transport logistics operation in a similar role will be desirable.
• We’re looking for people to build close working relationships with a wide range of employees, suppliers and customers and show a commitment to our goals.