Allied Mills is one of the most progressive flour millers in the UK, and part of the £5.6 billion Associated British Foods Group. We operate 3 modern flour mills, and with our people, culture and investment in technology we deliver to our customers the highest standards in product quality, service and development. Our Belfast plant, James Neill Flour Mill, serves all bakery sectors in Ireland.
Health and Safety: All employees must be aware of responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) to ensure that safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
• Carry out daily monitoring inspections and self-audits in each area of the plant on a weekly rota
• Respond quickly and efficiently to any unscheduled plant stoppages
• Carry out PPM/PDM as per the CMMS (Maximo) for all areas of the site
• Use the Maximo system, ensuring labour and material expended are recorded
• Safely carry out all repairs to plant, equipment and services as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Participate in the efficient running of the maintenance department with regard to housekeeping, the planning of work, use of tools and the control of spare parts and materials
• Participate in the call out program for maintenance faults
• Analyse and rectify plant/process defects in a timely manner using RCA where applicable
• Be proactive by generating and implementing process improvements
• Develop a consciousness of the cost implications of the maintenance operation
• A safe and effective team worker, involving team members, giving help and advice as required
• Clearly motivated, showing energy and enthusiasm
• Good communicator, both verbally when engaging with others and in writing as needed
• Able to analyse situations objectively and reach logical conclusions
• Self-confident but able to learn through experience and success
• Adaptable, rational and effective when facing conflicting priorities
• Strives for excellence, setting high standard and working to high standards set by others
• Awareness of impact of own behaviour on others and able to appreciate conflicting priorities across the business, whilst implementing solution
Skills and Experience
• Experience as a maintenance engineer in an operational environment
• Computer literate and able to learn new systems with training
• Problem solving experience: gathering information, analysing for cause, formulating a solution, implementing
• Recognised Engineering apprenticeship/traineeship, carrying recognised formal qualifications
• Experience of industrial 3 phase motor and control systems.
• Experience of industrial control systems and interaction with modern PLC systems including level control and industrial positional indicators.
• Experience of plant with pneumatic control and operation
• Experience of and understanding of common mechanical drive coupling, chains , belt mechanisms.
• Understanding of common industrial bearing systems.
• Food and drink or FMCG industry experience
• Food hygiene / food safety qualifications (training will be given if required)
• Health and Safety qualification (IOSH working safely )
• 18th edition of the I.E.E. regulations.
• Mechanical cross functional training and FLT / MEWP license