To lead, motivate and develop a team to meet the needs of the customer by managing the Vehicle Maintenance Unit. To ensure effective vehicle maintenance is provided such that the operational demands of the Fleet are met with the minimal impact on vehicle down time, whilst adhering to the legal requirements under our Operators’ License, safe operations, and budget restraints.
So, who are we? We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. We're a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £12.3bn and close to 106,000 employees working in 47 countries.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a dynamic self-starter, with a solid Vehicle Maintenance background. Management experience will be necessary for the successful candidate. We're looking for someone with a keen eye for continuous improvement and someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo. Safety really is first at Allied Bakeries, and is an integral part of all roles.
• To demonstrate the Safety-First ethos
• Adhere to and comply with the Operator License requirements
• Lead, motivate and develop a busy team of VMU Technicians
• Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements following VOSA guidelines
• Liaise with the logistics operation with regard to changes in relevant legislation, codes of practice, specifications and guidance, and the implications upon service delivery to the Fleet
• Manage the ordering of fuel and oil stocks
• Develop, implement, monitor and review policies and systems in connection with the safe and efficient running of the VMU
• Demonstrate and ensure adherence to all Allied Bakeries policies and procedures
• Manage corporate fleet management issues such as green fleet management reviews and carbon reduction/energy efficiency initiatives.
• Recruitment and selection
• Absence management
• Performance management
Skills / Experience
• Working knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation
• Ability to demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of the delivery of fleet management and transport related services
• Possession of a relevant City & Guilds or equivalent qualification and IRTEC certificate
• National CPC desirable
• Class II driving license as a minimum, Class I desirable
• Effective communication skills
• Experience of working on Heavy Goods Vehicles and Forklift Trucks desirable
• Ability to make decisions, set goals, organise a busy team, and achieve targets
• Experience of working with DAFs of IVECOs desirable
Your ambition, dedication and motivation will prove to be as important as your formal qualifications as you seek to develop your career within a challenging yet fun and rewarding environment. We are looking for someone who is willing to match our investment in his or her own development through attendance on training courses and on the job coaching.
Allied Bakeries values reflect the type of culture that we are working hard to achieve. It's all about Aiming High, Working Together, Doing What You Say and embracing that Everybody Matters. If you live by these values, chances are you'll do well here. We're looking for people who love a challenge, who have an eye for continuous improvement and the drive to take ownership and make change happen.