At Allied Mills, we mill the flour that helps produce some of the nation’s favourite brands (Kingsmill, Allinsons, Burgen and Sunblest). We’re part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc. ABF is a major international business with a turnover of £12.3bn and close to 130,000 employees working in 50 countries.
Reporting to the Senior Miller, your responsibilities will include;
• Carrying out Mill Food/Feed Safety Checks which include the HACCP Critical Control Points (CCP’s.)
• Supporting the Miller with the daily running of the Mill which includes carrying out planned milling maintenance. E.g. Cleaning out sifters, purifiers and roller mills.
• Monitoring all Mill processes in the control room using the computer system and responding to, rectifying and reporting all faults.
• Warehouse support duties, including flour packing, forklift and re-mill.
• Supporting the laboratory with out of hours QA checks to maintain product quality.
• Actively contributing to site standards and respective internal and external audits.
• Ensuring a clean as you go approach at all times.
• Demonstrate the ‘Safety First’ approach at all times by being proactive with hazard reporting, working with site team to target Zero Harm.
In order to succeed in this role, you’ll recognise the importance of working safely, you will lead by example in ensuring that Health and Safety is our number one priority. Literacy and numeracy skills are essential, and experience food industry would be advantageous. Most important, is your attitude and motivation to be part of a winning team. You’ll be conscientious and flexible in your approach to work, able to remain calm under pressure. You’ll have an abundance of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and develop as well as enjoying working in a small and busy team.
All of our Site Operatives are required to complete 4 Nabim (our Trade Association body) modules; Safety, Health & Hygiene, Wheat & The Screenroom, Mill Processes and, Product Handling, Storage & Distribution to ensure that they are skilled and knowledgeable in the flour milling process.
We’re keen to grow our talent, and develop our future Millers so you may be provided with the opportunity to complete the further 3 Nabim modules and train to be a Miller – a niche and rewarding career, in a dynamic and fast paced industry.
In return, we will offer you a starting salary of £23,000 – 27,000 per annum, 20 days holiday, opportunities to learn and progress, BUPA private healthcare for you and your family, and a challenging and rewarding working environment.