This is an exciting opportunity to join the Engineering Department in a high volume production area within a flexible automated production Bakery with variation of control networks including Scada process.
•To be a site technical expert on all matters relating to electrical standards and control systems, providing advice and guidance as well as hands on technical assistance as required.
•To hold specific responsibilities for the upkeep, specification and repair of electrical equipment ensuring site technology remains up to date.
•To compile detailed electrical specifications for plant, equipment and installations as required.
Decision Making Authority
•Determination of electrical competence of all site personnel as required and their suitability to undertake electrical work.
•Compliance of skills to activity.
•Decisions made within the framework of site policies and procedures.
•Decisions made within the Electricity at Work act and site Electrical Code of Practice (ECOPS).
•Determination of site engineer’s suitability with regard to electrical standards.
Dimensions of Job/KPI’s
Reporting directly to the Site controls engineer the role holder works within the context of the engineering maintenance team.
The role holder will interface with all levels of factory personnel and central engineering functions as required.
The role holder will work alongside the craft team to develop best working practices and technical standards within electrical engineering.
Health & Safety
• To check the site’s electrical standards to ensure compliance with all Statutory Electrical Legislation, Company standards, specifications and ECOPS.
• Control of contractors to ensure H&S standards are adhered to while carrying out their duties
• Ensuring no electrical accidents occur by acting as a champion for electrical safety on site
• Monitor & track project spend against pre-approved budget not to exceed agreed project spend
• Plant performance in regard to CI, benchmarking and verification activities and projected improvements
• Identifying and documenting procedures for recovery of plant and equipment after failures
• Delivery of projects which support & ensure the business consistently meets correct specifications of all its products
• Ensuring all projects meet relevant Engineering procedures within ISO, NTS and BRC standards
• Ensure that downtime is limited by identifying plant, critical systems, and spares which are required to get plants up and running after an equipment failure. This will include making sure stock of parts and correct equipment is available to minimize breakdown repair time.
• Identification of any training needs for the electrical craftsmen in the department
• Briefings to all people affected (either directly or indirectly) by improvements made.
•To provide expert electrical assistance in the fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of plant, wrapping machines and site services as requested.
•To continually upgrade and maintain the sites PLC systems and documentation.
•Project work including installation, modification, upgrade, commissioning and development as directed.
•To co-ordinate the sites electrical Authorisation and Competency certificates to all engineering personnel.
•To up skill the electrical skill set for all engineering personnel and develop the requirements as appropriate.
•To carry out regular audits of the engineering team and site to ensure the appropriate electrical standards, specifications and ECOPS are complied with.
•To administer and ensure compliance with the sites Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) system.
•The preparation, administration and upkeep of electrical schematics and drawings of plant, equipment and distribution systems.
•To have a detailed knowledge of plant electrical systems, site electrical supply and distribution systems.
•Support and assist in EAM activitie
•Control engineer - daily.
•Storemen - daily.
•Production Managers/Front line Managers - weekly.
•Technical Managers - weekly.
•Ensure that all Electrical related documentation is maintained and in good order
•Support Business on a 24 hr. Rota cover system.