Part of Associated British Foods, Allied Bakeries is around 4000 strong and one of the three largest bakery businesses in the UK. We own a top ten UK grocery brand in Kingsmill as well as a branded portfolio of other well-known household names including Allinson, Burgen and Sunblest, in addition to supplying customer brand products.
The Liverpool site is an integral part of our success within the snack industry and produces pancakes and crumpets for our Kingsmill brand and external customers. We currently have several Bakery Operative opportunities available to work as part of the Manufacturing Team at Allied Bakeries Liverpool. The positions are 3 month fixed term contracts.
The position is based on a 42 hour per week (average) shift pattern, working a rotation of 12 hour day and night shifts. As a Bakery Operative, you will be involved in all aspects of food manufacturing process, working as part of the team to achieve performance, customer satisfaction and quality standards.
• Maintain product quality in line with the Company procedures inclusive of all compliance paperwork and to contribute to the site standards inclusive of respective internal and external audits required by the Company.
• To operate within all work instructions, Risk Assessments (RA), Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) and Standard Operational Procedures (SOP).
• To work individually and as part of a team to meet the Manufacturing deadlines, common goals and KPI targets.
• To maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ‘clean as you go’ ensuring work area is tidy and safe and meets the agreed standards in hygiene and housekeeping.
• To undertake regular cleaning of equipment in compliance with internal standards.
• To comply with Health and Safety legislation and any other Company or legal requirements to protect all employees, visitors, customers and members of the public.
• To comply with the application of all CCP (Critical Control Points) and any other Company or legal requirements to protect all company products and due diligence requirements.
• Non Conformance Procedure
• Batch Quarantine Procedure
• Weight Control Procedure
• Knife Control Procedure
• Fundamentals of Plant Processing
• Team Working
• Communication Skills
• Problem Solving
What's important to us is your attitude. Allied Bakeries values reflect the type of culture that we are working hard to achieve. It’s all about being the best we can be through aiming high, working together, doing what we say and considering the opinions of everyone. If you can live these values, chances are you’ll do well here. We’re looking for people who love a challenge, who have an eye for continuous improvement and the drive to take ownership.