Job reference: SET-MAI-002861
Closing date: 05/11/2018
Job start date: 15/07/2019
Employment type: Fixed Term
Department: KMP - Technical Operations
Employer: Allied Bakeries
Hours per week: 37.5
Starting July 2019
We're part of Allied Milling and Baking (the owner of major brands Kingsmill, Allinson and Burgen), which in turn is part of Associated British Foods plc, a FTSE top 40 international business with a turnover of £12.4bn and over 124,000 employees.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & creative NPD Technologist to join our busy Customer Brand NPD team for a year at our Office in Maidenhead, Berkshire
• Coordinating all benchmark sample shopping, collating multiple requests and gaining commitments from shoppers across wider team.
• Purchasing samples from retailers as and when required.
• Supporting the team on the submissions phase of projects with activities such as purchasing benchmarks, collating samples, booking couriers, drafting work requests and costings, producing, checking and collating paperwork into packs.
• Sourcing & ordering in new ingredients, booking into the new raw materials process, requesting specifications, information and prices from suppliers. Maintaining a tracker for the approval process.
• Drafting Trial briefs for plant scale up and completing Sample Request forms for products from sites.
• Creating Purchase Orders for the NPD team and ensuring that samples arrive to site for trials.
• Keeping the Market Review system up to date using a tracker and producing user-friendly reports, showing an overview of the market for retailers.
• Assisting in the compilation of information for customer benchmarking exercises.
• Specifically managing the annual Hot Cross Bun benchmarking and review.
• Creating and maintaining a system for sample storage which promotes good practise by team members and maintains adequate health and safety practises.
• Keeping up to date with new products being bought to the market, and collating this information through engaging mood boards.
• Organising and assist in the recruitment and placement fairs for the 2019/20 placement student.
• Other ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
• Opportunity to complete a project – eg – looking to reduce sugar across a range of Allied Bakeries products in keeping with the Government’s 2020 sugar reduction programme.
Studying for a degree in Food Science or related subject.
• Full UK Driving License with driving experience.
• A keen interest in food science and the food industry in general.
• Good understanding and competency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good team worker who promotes the team culture but is able to work on own initiative when required.
• Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
Closing date & Further Information: Applications will not be accepted after 5th November 2018
For shortlisted candidates, there will be an Assessment Day which will be held in Maidenhead on 30th November 2018.
The closing date for this job has now passed.