So, who are we? We're the people who make one of the UK’s top grocery brands, Kingsmill, as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You will know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads and our delicious bakery products such as our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, toasties and wraps.
We're one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £13.4bn and 130,000 employees working in 50 countries. In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's, Jordans and Dorset cereals.
Our Information Services (IS) team are based out of our Shared Service Centre in Liverpool and we are looking for an Application Services Manager to join the team.
The prime responsibility of this role is to manage a team who support and develop IS services used by the organisation and to ensure that application services are monitored and supported at all times. You will also manage the team to resolve user issues and resource projects that improve business use or keep services fresh. This is an excellent opportunity for a manager with proven experience of managing a multi skilled team of development and support staff to make a difference to our transforming team. We need someone who is keen to input new ideas and innovative ways of working into the organisation. We aim to adopt DevOps principles as a method of working and experience in this area will be valuable although not essential.
This role is focussed on managing a technical applications development and support resource pool, both on and off-site and is not a SDM role, although working in partnership with the SDM will be essential to success. You will work as part of a wider Application Services Management team to ensure services are delivered through utilisation of specific knowledge and development of technical skills across the team. This role requires you to be skilled in stakeholder management within IS and with external stakeholders.
- Through a good understanding of ITIL best practice you will ensure process and control is applied for all major processes, including incident, change, release and problem management.
- Definition and support of 3rd Party Vendor Service and Operational Level agreements and related reporting measures, providing an effective interface between users and providers.
- Working with your own and other Support and Development teams to ensure the design, set up, testing and deployment of new functionality as part of the IS strategy via a robust Change and Release process.
- Manage Problem and P1 processes in conjunction with the team and support partners.
- Direct and co-ordinate the activities of the team, ensuring the right level of capability exists to meet current and future business needs. Resource management within the team for project and BAU work is a key requirement of the role.
To be successful in this role you must have a good understanding of ITIL, application landscapes and resourcing in practice, with sound leadership skills. As well as being skilled in negotiation and stakeholder management, you will be comfortable managing relationships at all levels and will possess good communicate skills. With people at the forefront of your approach, we are looking for clear evidence of team leadership and development across similar roles. To support all this you will also need a good technical understanding of application and to a lesser extent infrastructure services and the complexities of them.
As an organisation Allied Milling and Baking operates 24/7, 364 days per week therefore an element of out of hours working or call out may be required.