Job reference: NID-BBX-02704
Location: Belfast - Bakery
Closing date: 22/06/2018
Job start date: Not specified
Salary: £19,323 or £26,909 depending on licence
Employment type: Permanent
Department: AB BELFAST
Employer: Allied Bakeries
Hours per week: Average 48 hours per week
Position: Relief Van Sales Driver
Salary: £19,323 or £26,909 per annum (DEPENDING ON LICENCE)
The role: To provide our customers with a market lead service, maximizing sales whilst minimizing waste.
Qualifications and Experience:
• To carry out and complete a daily vehicle check before the vehicle leaves site using the agreed pre-use check sheet and report any defects to the VMU department using the agreed vehicle defect procedure
• To be able to provide proof that all breaks have been taken in line with the Road Traffic Directive and the EU Drivers Hours Regulations by recording breaks on either a manual tachograph or Digital Drivers Card
• To ensure that if requested at the road side the required tachograph records can be produced to enforcement officers
• To ensure that your digicard is downloaded daily
• To adhere to Company Key Control procedures
• To maximise sales and contribute to sales growth of the company brands.
• Develop close working relations with key decision makers within store.
• To check load against interim load summary and amend any variances using load claims to ensure that all stock is accounted for.
• To accurately account for all activities using the Mobile Data Terminal and end of day debrief screen
• To ensure all products are correctly charged to the relevant customer and record any returned in-date stock in the stock summary
• To ensure Allied Bakeries and any other third-party products are delivered on time and in full within the agreed time windows
Qualifications and Experience
• Numerate and literate
• Customer service skills, influencing skills, persuasiveness, sales ability and communication skill
Desirable (Please note that we may use the desirable criteria to shortlist)
• Current driving licence with category C1
• Driver Qualification Card (CPC)
• One year’s experience of delivering to, or of working in a sales environment
• One year’s experience of delivering to or of working in a sales environment within the food retail sector
• One year’s driving experience at C1 or C level
• A digital drivers card
• Merchandising experience
Closing Date: Friday 22nd June 2018
The closing date for this job has now passed.