This will give you a fantastic opportunity to learn the technical requirements of designing new bakery products, ensuring they are safe and of the highest quality. There is so much that goes on in the team, such as
• looking at new ingredients before they even arrive at our bakeries
• calculating the nutrition of new recipes to make sure they are what our customers want
• creating the documents and photographs that illustrate the required quality of our products
We liaise with many other teams on topics like food safety, microbiology, food law, sustainability and food processing. The team members around you are friendly and supportive, so you will have the ideal role and environment every day to support your studies.
This apprenticeship is a full-time permanent role with a competitive starting salary. Allied Bakeries will also pay all of your costs for accommodation and meals whilst you are attending your study weeks at Nottingham Trent University.
When you are qualified, your future career aspirations could include Specifications Technologist, New Product Development Manager, and Technical Manager to name a few.
• Good analytical and numerical capability
• Good with MS Word, Excel and Power Point
• Minimum grade A* - C in Maths and English at GCSE
• Ideally one or more of your A levels in Science or Maths
You will need to be enthusiastic and well-disciplined. Although you will have great support from everyone around you, you will need to be self-motivated and able to work on different tasks within each day. Everyone is busy so we rely on each other to be organised, conscientious and not afraid to ask questions or challenge. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to think logically and to work both independently and as part of a team.
This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. If you are waiting for results in summer 2018 please list your predicted grades.