A key member of the leadership team and advisor to the management teams at each site, the HRBP provides direction and guidance around all aspects of our people strategy. Taking the lead on talent, performance and engagement and motivating the leadership team to deliver the vision, develop the strategy and to be ambitious in challenging the aspirations for our business. A true business partner across all functions and locations, coaching managers to live our values every day and to deliver high levels of performance both individually and through their teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Regularly visible at all sites to ensure up to date knowledge of local activity and to support site management teams in achieving their goals
• Provide direction, motivation and advice in trends and best practice around engagement, talent, communication and other relevant areas.
• Lead the senior leadership team in developing strong people plans to support delivery of the vision and long-term business strategy including chairing talent reviews; supporting development of individual growth plans; sourcing and providing training in key skills areas and using available communications tools to continue to develop ownership and demonstration of our values
• Support line managers in organisational design and employee relations activity to ensure pragmatic outcomes and compliant procedures
• Support and direct the team through established processes such as pay review, performance review, formal people planning, gender pay gap reporting and ethical trading audit standards
• Continue to drive engagement and accountability for delivery of the vision, strategy and values by planning and facilitating engaging and immersive management meetings and site roadshows (bi-annually), incorporating relevant themes each time
• Support the process of embedding the business values by role modelling the values and inspiring others to do the same, using engagement surveys as appropriate to measure progress
• Support delivery of a framework for effective performance conversations so that all employees receive feedback throughout the year, driving the evolution to an embedded BI culture
• Provide a foundation for effective recruitment by ensuring hiring managers have the required skills to attract, select and support new hires into the business.
• Ensure policies & procedures are fit for purpose; up to date; accessible and understandable
• Work with line managers to consistently manage wellbeing and attendance using the occupational health resource as necessary.
• Stakeholder management is key to success in this role, so being an intuitive judge of character with the ability to establish and grow meaningful relationships is a crucial competence
• Awareness of and ability to practically apply a range of models, psychometrics and practical tools to support the effective performance and development of a diverse team of stakeholders
• Credibility to advise on people issues with front line employees, managers and senior leaders
• Self-motivated with passion, enthusiasm, tenacity and resilience
• Good analytical thinking and critical reasoning skills combined with pragmatic implementation skills
• Experienced and confident facilitator
• Strong influencing skills, with the ability to adapt style to suit the audience or situation
Required Skills and Experience
• Solid career history charting experience across employee relations, talent development, engagement, performance and communication
• Experience of working at both tactical and strategic level, supporting senior stakeholders
• Familiar with using metrics, data and feedback to track progress and measure success
• Good employment law knowledge and ability to apply pragmatically
• Knowledge or experience of the Discovery insights psychometric model would be a benefit but is not essential as training can be provided
Note on location: this role can be nominally based at any of the operating sites or from home, however regular presence at all operating sites (Manchester, Tilbury and Belfast) and Milling and Baking head office (Maidenhead) is essential so a full UK driving license is required as is the ability to accommodate this travel including overnight stays as needed.