Job reference: WSW-CBX-002578
Location: Cardiff Bakery
Closing date: 08/03/2018
Job start date: 02/04/2018
Salary: Up to £36,422.00
Employment type: Permanent
Department: AB CARDIFF
Employer: Allied Bakeries
Hours per week: 42
A rare opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Mechanical Engineer to join our team at Allied Bakeries. Based at our Cardiff site, working days only, with a well-established and highly skilled team, the successful candidate will have a proven track record in Engineering, preferably in a manufacturing environment. The candidate will be focused on minimising the downtime of our plants, to maintain the equipment, plant and site in the best possible condition and strive to ensure a continuous improvement approach to their Engineering function.
Key accountabilities for this role include;
• Fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of plant, machinery and site services.
• Planned maintenance, modifications, installations and upgrades to machinery and services
• Completion of statutory checks as and when required
• To work across all trades as experience dictates and to share knowledge and support across the Engineering team
• To ensure you work in a safe manner meeting your obligations to both Health and Safety and Food Safety.
Essential skills/qualification– Indentured apprenticeship, Engineering City and Guilds or ONC, HNC, NVQ Level 3 Engineering, Experience as a skilled engineering craftsperson or technician within an engineering function, welding/machining capability.
Your ability to work to consistent high standards, ensure safety is a paramount consideration.
To be able to demonstrate excellent team working and communication skills and also demonstrating your commitment to the continuous development of your skills and knowledge.
These are all highly desirable for this role.
The closing date for this job has now passed.