Are you an experienced LGV Multi Drop Driver, with a C+E Licence (class 2), then come and join the team at Allied Bakeries, part of Allied Milling and Baking – the home of the fresh, fluffy, super-soft, Kingsmill loaf, where you will also be joining a division of Associated British Foods (ABF) – one of Britain’s leading companies.
As the largest UK Baker, we proudly make some of the nation’s most loved bakery brands, producing 10 million loaves of bread every week, and you can be part of the team delivering freshly baked products to our customers around the South East every day.
As a professional Delivery Driver, you will be part of a team Working Together and Aiming High to deliver outstanding customer service every day.
Your starting time could be quite early, and your shift pattern will include both weekend and bank holiday working.
You will not be surprised to learn that SAFETY is of great importance to us - we take our responsibilities for the health, safety and wellbeing of each other and expect our colleagues to actively drive our Health and Safety standards.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Completion of daily pre-use vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks.
- Accurate and timely defect reporting.
- Obtain accurate and timely ‘proof of delivery’ documentation in line with the required standard.
- Adopting SAFED techniques, and undertaking annual CPC training.
- Legislative compliance; e.g. Tachograph and driving infringements, and including roadside authority checks, accident, near miss and hazard reporting.
- Adherence to vehicle cleaning programme.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant, clean driving licence.
- Minimum of 1 year’s driving experience as LGV Driver preferable.
- A minimum of 35 hours of Driver CPC training is essential.
- Experience of working in a multi drop environment is desirable.
- Customer focused, with flexible approach.
- Willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
If you join us, in addition to an attractive salary, you can enjoy the following:
- 5 weeks holiday, plus statutory holiday (pro-rated to shift pattern)/
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance/
- Discounted products/
- Benefits for you and your family through our ‘Extra Slice’ scheme; including healthcare, gym discounts and access to hundreds of retailers where you can save some dough.
- Opportunity to attain your Class 1 Licence.